The ever in demand Kissy Sell Out is a DJ-producer with a knack for accessing fresh, undiscovered talent as much as influential music makers. He’s worked with diverse artists – Gwen Stefani, Sugarbabes, and Calvin Harris to name a few – and boasts an album, a label, and a globe-trotting string of DJ shows – think Noorderslaag, Exit, Pukkelpop, and Ibiza Rocks. Kissy Sell Out helps break in the PUMA YARD’s dance floor on 27 July.
1. What do you have for breakfast the morning of a performance?
Usually an Alka Seltzer!
2. What’s your favorite spot in London?
I’ve never been a fan of fancy joints so drinks and banter at the Macbeth in Shoreditch is my usual haunt.
3. When are you most happy?
When other people are.
4. Name the most inspiring place in the world.
Outer space. Especially when you’re out of Europe and you can actually see the stars at night!
5. Do you own an air guitar?
It’s a bit scratched but it folds up so it fits in my bag – plus it’s signed by Keanu Reeves, so I never leave home without it!
6. Which question are you asked the most when interviewed?
Why the name Kissy?
7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
8. Did you play sports growing up? Do you play now?
I’ve been going snowboarding since I was 10 and I still love going to the mountains – often just by myself for a couple of days. I spent a lot of years chasing girls around the playground too.....took me a lot longer to get any good at that though!
9.58 One lump? Or two?
None thanks, my Piña Colada is just fine!