Talk about extremes. During the last Volvo Ocean Race, the PUMA team
- Experienced temperatures ranging between 0 and 35 degrees Celsius
- Consumed over 8,250,000 calories of mostly freeze-dried food
- Desalinated 140 liters of water per day for cooking and drinking
- Used 5,560 square meters of sail material to make 24 sails
- Used over 2.5 kilometers of rope on il mostro
As the build team is putting the final touches on Mar Mostro our sailing team is preparing (mentally and physically) for another 39,000 mile trip around the planet.