PUMA News Archive
2010 diamond league series
Asafa Powell was forced to withdraw from the 100m against Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm because of injuries. Powell said he was "absolutely devastated" to miss the race against his rivals. And so were fans of the sport.
On July 22, a hot and humid night in Monaco, the Samsung Diamond League meeting produced seven world leading performances.
Usain Bolt has withdrawn from the June 12 Diamond League meeting in New York City because of an Achilles tendon issue, organizers said Monday.
Jamaica's Usain Bolt won the 200 meters at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai on Sunday, May 23, cruising to victory in 19.76 seconds. Americans Angelo Taylor was second in 20.34, and Ryan Bailey third in 20.43.
So 2010 was going to be a chill season for Usain Bolt. It?s an off year. No Olympics. No World Championships. So the early buzz was that Bolt would take it easy, run a few of the new Diamond League Events and maybe add a race or two here and there. Yeah, right!
Also Happening Around PUMA
Most Talked About
- Samuel Eto’o Signs for Anzhi Makhachkala
- Freshly Clicked Pics
- PUMA Time's Bounce in June Issue of Ladies Home Journal!
- It's Official. Bolt's 2012 T&F Olympic Uniform Will Be Designed by Bob Marley's Daughter
- Post-Graduation Racing – How Sprinters Can Still Compete
- The Story Behind The New African Football Kits