On 11 August, south London MC Clement Marfo and his genre-splitting band, The Frontline, take the PUMA YARD stage. Based around a grime and hip-hop core, the collective straddle genres and season their music with gargantuan pop hooks, sweet neo-soul vocals, and a rush of energized rock dynamics.
1. What do you have for breakfast the morning of a performance?
I have a full English Breakfast in the morning.
2. What’s your favorite spot in London?
In East London, Hoxton, Brick Lane.
3. When are you most happy?
Making music and performing.
4. Name the most inspiring place in the world.
Africa. It teaches you to be grateful for what you have and how you can be for the better to others to follow.
5. Do you own an air guitar?
LOL no I don’t but I do own and electric acoustic.
6. Which question are you asked the most when interviewed?
How did you come up with the name of the band and how did you meet.
7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
The superpowers of Superman.
8. Did you play sports growing up? Do you play now?
I was into athletics when growing up. Long jump and 100m were my favorites but not so much now that I’m older. I guess I do a lot of that when performing on stage.
9.58. One lump? Or two?